Portfolio

♣ Hello, I'm Coco. Addicted to make-up, photography, blogging, books, and white chocolate. I'm nice and I don't bite. Let's be friends! Don't forget to follow me :)










Love Quote
If two people are meant for each other, it doesn't mean they have to be together right now.
Upcoming Posts
- majolica majorca items (haul)
- nail polish talk & collection
- diary updates & notes
- concealer rave (it won't stop)
Archives


Layout by 16thday and accordian scripts from dezinerfolio.
Friday, July 23, 2010 , 2:05 PM

Photobucket


its been a while again guys :( im so sorry. but ive been super busy with school & all, but now that im officially on summer holidays, im free to blog as much as i want! :D im also back at my parent's house & finally am able to use my NIKON! :) so the quality of the pictures is obviously better than my recent post, no doubt to that ;) and as usual, im always back with a haul! actually these items are all the ones that i bought within this week. there's several more boxes coming in soon :D so im really excited for that!


Photobucket


the most exciting thing is probably my polaroid camera! :D !!! this is actually my 2nd polaroid. the first one is the instax 210 which uses the bigger & wider film, and taking more vintage photos. this one is more of the normal/everyday pictures :D
Fuji Instax 7s in Choco ! i loveeeeee it ! :)


Photobucket


so other than the camera, of course part of my haul would have to be cosmetics. i came upon this website selling goodies from america, and the ELF (eyeslipsface) products spotted me. ive heard alot of mixed reviews of this brand, but seeing the SUPER SUPER cheap price of their products, i would like to try it out for myself. the ELF packaging is okay, worth the price i guess, but the more surprising thing is that their products are mostly made in china, but designed in the US. no wonder why their products are cheaper than those made in the US. so i picked up 3 products from the site, including the cool bronzer; complexion perfection; and the corrective concealer. after testing the products, one thing i really hate about ELF products is it's scent... every product has a unpleasant chemical scent to it. and it makes you seriously dont want to put the product on your face :( so that's a big boo boo.


Photobucket


the first piece is the Cool Bronzer. the colors are super pigmented (no swatch, sorry!) and it really does it's job as a bronzer. so from a scale from 1 to 5, ill rate this a 4/5. like said above, the thing that turns off me the most is its scent :( but other than that, the product itself and the packaging is super worth the price! i like! :)


Photobucket


the Complexion Perfection is supposed to be a pallet where you blend all the colors together and it's suppose to correct for example, the redness on your skin. it can also be used separately for hi-lighting for instance. i tried this item this morning, and i have to say that i like it, again! :) although it made my face a bit too 'white' at first, after around 20 mins when the powder has settled on my skin, it really did its job! i also find this powder to be somewhat mattifying? i usually get oily around my t-zone areas but this powder kept me shine-free for a good 6 hours period! ill rate this product a 4.5/5. a -0.5 for the ghostly effect that it gives me -0-


Photobucket


and the last piece from ELF that i picked up is the Corrective Concealer pallet. consisting of 4 different concealers, for imperfections, hi-lighting, and correcting redness purposes. i was really excited about this product but the instant that i opened the product, OMG. the scent is just so horrible! the concealers are really hard to use too! i mean, they're all so hard and it took me a few minutes to rub the concealer to warm it up & get it started. omg. omg. omg. the concealer texture itself is really creamy & it glides on the back on my hand really easily. but i havent used this on my face yet, bc the cream felt really oily & im scared that it would break me out :( the brush that came with it serves no purpose at all -_- the bristles are so short & blah! so inconclusion, im not liking this product so far. it might be a different story when i do try this on my face but for now, im sorry, ill have to rate this a 1/5.






so there's my thoughts about ELF products!
tell me what you think!
and ill be back really soon with the rest of my haul! :)
- Coco

Labels: , , ,

4 comments