Portfolio

♣ Hello, I'm Coco. Addicted to make-up, photography, blogging, books, and white chocolate. I'm nice and I don't bite. Let's be friends! Don't forget to follow me :)










Love Quote
If two people are meant for each other, it doesn't mean they have to be together right now.
Upcoming Posts
- majolica majorca items (haul)
- nail polish talk & collection
- diary updates & notes
- concealer rave (it won't stop)
Archives


Layout by 16thday and accordian scripts from dezinerfolio.
Saturday, March 13, 2010 , 1:35 AM

so, im updating again :D oh please dont be bored of me yet! well today im going to talk about makeup! yay! lately ive been able to restraint myself from buying 'unnecessary' makeup. when i used to spend over 100$ every month for something that ends up in my drawer.

first of all, im really highly sensitive when it comes to my face. the little change of products on my face would be like you falling from a 10-story building. its either i survive or die. and for the past week, i ALMOST died. my one and only facial cleanser ran out. and i didnt notice that i did not have a spare one and what sucks the most is that around my town there is NO WHERE that sells this. so i had to get my mom to send me it through the mail. and you know how moms are, they always go buy you extra stuff like chips, canned food, like any other gift package. so i had to use this other cleanser which made my face break out like crazy. my skin who has settled down with acne just bursted and i got acne all over my forehead like my elementary days when you dont really shower & run around alot. and finally, the package came in, and it felt like HEAVEN after i cleansed my face with it. oh my gawd. im never going to let that happen ever again!

Photobucket

okay that was long & probably boring, but! this post is going to be dedicated to 'concealers'. the ONLY concealer that i can use on my face is Hanskin's Blemish Cover which is a BB cream/concealer. and its coverage is amazing! and its it now discontinued!!! which means the end of my life T-T i have alot of acne scars (i had really bad acne last year, it was the most painful time of my life. details later) and this product does its job. its moisterizing & covers everything like crazy. bc of this 'discontinuation' i had to find my new favorite concealer and oh boy, i went crazy about it and here are the products that i stumbled upon. (reviews is based all on my true opinions)

Clinique Advanced Concealer (matte light)
Hanskin Blemish Cover
Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer (Natural Beige)
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer (Medium-Sand)
Baviphat Spot Liquid Concealer
Muji Concealer MR Stick (White & Beige)
Canmake Color Stick (01)
Skinfood Rice Concealer Tip (21)
Skinfood Rice White Mochi Stick (01 Light)
Skinfood Banana Concealer Stick (01 Light)
Missha The Style Perfect Cover (Natural Beige)
Oriental Princess Phenomenal Stop Age Concealer (01 Hideaway)
Oriental Princess Brilliant White Twisty Concealer (02 Sand)

of course, im not going to review ALL of it. bc that would take forever for me :( since im kinda a slow worker & i take forever to review something. so if you would like me to swatch or review sthing in particular, dont hesitate to ask! :D

-----

1. Missha The Style Perfect Cover (Natural Beige)

Photobucket

Photobucket

at first, i was soooo happy to have found this concealer, and was going to be my HD/favorite concealer BUT. the texture became too dry & cakey on my skin :( i have combination skin and i get really dry especially around my cheeks. the coverage is really good but for some reason, from a creamy texture, it becomes powdery once you apply it on your face! im really sad that i cant use this anymore! but i would recommend it for anyone with normal-oily skin, it'll be perfect for you! i also heard that this can be the alternative for Shu Uemura's Pro Concealer and even MAC's!

-----


2. Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer (Medium-Sand)

Photobucket

during the days (last year in my freshmen year) when i was suffering with alot of acne problems, i had to find a concealer that would cover my scars AND that is friendly enough to my skin. Back then i did not have drying problems, my face was normal-oily so i stumbled upon this concealer at a supermarket (LOL) and fell in LOVE with it. the coverage is buidable and good enough to cover SOME of my discolorations & spots, so it was bearable enough for me to go outside the house. my skin worked really well with this, and i almost finished the whole tube! :D the only con for this is that it doesnt really stay... after a few hours the formula would blend away & crease :( so you will see the marks on your face if you dont blend it well at the first place.

-----


3. Muji Concealer MR Stick (White & Beige)

Photobucket

MUJI !! you guys know how much i adore muji right? muji's stick concealers is probably one of the most popular items in its cosmetic line! because of its inexpensive price & high quality compared to it, its a very good deal. especially for those beginners in makeup. i bought the white concealer first for hi-lighting my face & nose especially! it works wonderssssss! the formula is soft and so smooth, you have the feeling that it glides on your face. butttt, the coverage isnt so good. the beige one matches well with my skintone but its still not enough to cover my scars :(

-----


Next on my wishlist? Bobbi Brown's Face Touch Up Stick and Corrector! i know its kinda expensive compared to the ones ive tried before... but i heard so many good reviews for this, and i think its now time... for me to move on to something... more high quality? T-T plus, i need something to replace my hanskin concealer that got discontinued! ヤバイ~!

Photobucket

Photobucket

anyone tried Bobbi Brown's concealer/products before? and what's your favorite/HD concealer? please share! :D

Labels: , , , ,

9 comments